Friday, November 12, 2010

A local Christmas Story- can you help?

An adoption application from one of our clients today:

I came here in hopes for getting a better a better job, so that I can provide a basic standard of living for my son. I was in a bad marriage. We came to Florida for a new life. He was 10 then. We lived humbly sleeping on a floor and eating oatmeal for dinner. My son’s response was “Mom, I thank God for you.”

He has a 3.5 GPA and is studying to be an engineer. He was accepted at Bishop Moore, but I lost my job. He is a tall, gentle, skinny kid. He tells me to put one slice of meat in the bread because our food has to last, and pretends to be full, so that I will eat more.

I want his remaining teenage years with me to be comfortable. Since losing my job we are down to humble means again, but ALIVE with the Spirit of the Lord. We pray together and that’s what keeps us going.

He needs a computer with enough RAM memory to keep up with his school. I am really surprised that you offer to help with gifts. I cannot provide this for him. My number one concern is for food and rent. Whether we are gifted or not, I am humbled and truly appreciative just for your kindness in asking and caring. TS