Saturday, October 27, 2007

God is Great

As I listened to Dick Wilson, one of the founders of Christian HELP, speak at our annual Harvest of Hope, his message was clear- God is Great!

Over the past 15 years, God has taken ordinary people to extraordinary places in this ministry. The numbers alone http://www.christianhelp.org/ speak for themselves, but it is the stories of the people we have ministered to that really have an impact.

The team and volunteers who came together just for this event to happen continue to amaze me. When God laid it on my heart to do a video, I thought I would have to find outside talent. Little did I know, that Lech, our IT guy had such talent. He put together a video that brings tears to my eyes everytime I watch it. God brought Kristy Owens back to us as a volunteer coordinator. She was able to pull off our silent auction. (Not without some hiccups, but we wont go there!) Phyllis Mabery gave her testimony (I cry every time!), and organized and obtained so many items for the auction that we ran out of space. Way to go Phyllis! Chris Whitehead did all of the decorating and with her daughter Kim and a whole army of volunteers and team helpers made the place look amazing. Vicky and her husband Christian took care of the signs, Madge and Rob made sure our guests had snacks and punch. Ken (our extreme makeover guy) made sure everyone knew where to go. Jackie, our development coordinator made all of this happen!

My thanks goes out to the table captains who secured all of the guests. Without you, we would have had empty chairs. And to Karen- talk about calm under fire!- who made sure everyone had a seat...

And to all of the others- too many to name- you know who you are. My sincere appreciation goes to all of you for making this event so successful.

I was talking to someone the other day about giving. When you are a Christian, you understand the phrase that it is better to give than to receive... I believe when you give, you truly receive more than you give. God blesses those who give cheerfully. The smiles (through the moments of stress) on the faces of those who gave of their talents, and those who gave of their treasures, and those who shared both, were proof that this is true.

It is my prayer that we will continue to reach out to the community and change lives through the direction of the Holy spirit. If you have not seen our ministry and would like to, please e-mail jackie@christianhelp.org. If you would like to support us financially, please go to the main Christian HELP page and hit donate now. I really believe that you will be blessed.

God is GREAT!

-amen